Wenatchee: Adult Orientation - Thursdays, 1:30 pm; Youth Orientation - Thursdays, 3:30 pm
Moses Lake: Adult Orientation - Wednesdays, 1:30 PM; Youth Orientation - Every other Wednesday, 3:30 PM
Othello: Please call for orientation information - 509.488.1670
Omak: Adult Orientation - Every other Tuesday/Wednesday 9 AM - Noon; Youth Orientation - Every other Thursday/Friday 9 AM - Noon
This 16-hour workshop is generally offered twice a month in all locations. Start taking stock of what you need to successfully manage your career. Assess your interests and aptitudes, personality traits and abilities, and see how they factor into job success. Research the labor market and employment and training options, and develop a plan to achieve your career goals.
Call the location nearest you to schedule your workshop:
Moses Lake: 509.766.6300
SkillSource Learning Centers provide education and life skills training to enable youth and adults to become confident, productive and employable.
Basic skills instruction is self-paced, open-entry/open exit and customized for each learners' needs.
- Open Doors Program and High School Equivalency classes (Wenatchee/Othello/Omak locations)- students ages 16-21 working toward a high school diploma or high school equivalency (GED).
- ABE (Adult Basic Education) (Wenatchee) - students age 21 and over working toward a high school diploma (HS Plus) or high school equivalency (GED).
- Basic skills upgrade
- Career development
- Keyboarding and basic computer skills
- Learning style assessment
- Life management classes
Successful completion creates opportunities for learners to return to high school, pursue post-secondary education or enter a specific career field of choice.
Available at all locations. Develop competency or gain certification with business productivity applications. Computer applications instruction is self-paced, open-entry/ open-exit and customized for each learner's needs.
Microsoft Certifications (2016 standards)
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Typing (goal 40-50 words per minute)
- Microsoft Publisher
Google IT Support Professional Certificate (Wenatchee location only)
This 6-course certificate, developed by Google, is designed to prepare learners for an entry-level role in Information technology support.
Available at all locations. SkillSource offers scholarships for vocational programs at community and technical colleges, universities, and other training agencies to eligible individuals who need education and training in order to secure full time employment. Funds may be applied to tuition, books and fees for approved vocational programs.
Sample programs include:
- Automotive Technician
- Business Computer Technology
- Commercial Truck Driver
- Computer Technology
- Criminal Justice
- Environmental Systems & Refrigeration Technology
- Industrial Technology
- Medical Assistant
Available at all locations. Remember the old dilemma about needing experience to get the job, but not having the job to learn and gain the experience? Work Experience and Internship activities are designed to help trainees gain the experience they need to demonstrate work readiness skills or occupational skills. Trainees are placed with businesses for an internship or work experience while SkillSource pays their wages.
Available at all locations. Know-how must be put to work in the context of a real job. For many workers, a job is the best teacher. Businesses can reduce their turnover expenses by hiring and training SkillSource graduates.
- Up to 50% reimbursement of trainee's gross wage while in training (up to 6 months) to offset the cost of training.
- Reimbursement of up to 50% of cost of related formal training, such as workshops and seminars.
- Assistance with tools & equipment not normally provided by employer.
- Trainee assistance with work clothes, childcare and transportation to ease the cost of transitioning into a new job.
Businesses benefit from a custom-trained worker and workers benefit from being able to "earn while they learn."